Thursday, September 10, 2009

Wow!

I said goodbye to my son last month and I never came back?! Lucky for me he did and we have just been going going going ever since. I have ignored the blog for too long and I am sorry. I have a plan in my head to get back on track so we'll hope it happens. I have found that since I went "private" I am less compelled to write because so few people are subscribed to read. Oh well, for you lucky few... Here goes!


The end of summer was a blur. Nic at Leadership Camp, Will's birthday, My birthday, dentist appointments, friend in the hospital, 6th grade boot camp, swimming, then SCHOOL! The boys have been back for almost three weeks and it is going OK so far. Yes, we have had a few rough evening with homework drama and stuff but overall pretty smooth transition so far.


Will is in 4th grade and has the Goddess of 4th grade as his teacher. All of the other 4th grade teachers are goddesses in training. I think that is just a hoot and I can't wait to make something for his teacher that proclaims her goddess title to all who enter her room.


Nic is in 6th grade and has 7 teachers. I have not met a single one and am suffering because of that. Tonight is curriculum night so I hope to put some faces with names tonight. Nic has been doing well with middle school but did have a little stumble when it came to lunch offering in the cafeteria. There are just so many choices that cost so much money. We are still working on that part but I think my message is clear. Or should I say that I hope for his sake that it is clear.


I am getting into the swing of being home alone during the day. I seem to be here so rarely. My local BF landed herself in the hospital just before school started so I have been trying my best to help her as she recovers from this MS setback. I was also called on day of two of the new year to substitute for a kindergarten class on days 3-5. We struggled through and I think I did a pretty darn fine job with them all things considered. I affirmed that I am sooooooo glad that I did not follow through on a degree in Education when I was at Marian. Subbing is so much better for me and the kids. I have not had the chance to sub again since that first week due to running middle school carpool and various other stuff but maybe next week. I would like to do it about once a week just for a few extra bucks. I spent what I made last month on some bathroom decor items that I have been wanting but have just not prioritized. It's a done deal now and I am pleased.


So my latest endeavors include working on the PTA directory for the elementary school and trying to do a little crafting. I am working on an album about myself called "Me : The Abridged Version" that was inspired by a great book that I read a few years back. The Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. I am rereading it (although I had to buy a new copy because I passed my first copy on to a friend) and am trying to contain myself to short but insightful entries about me from an alphabetical perspective. It's thought provoking and fun to write some entries for sure. Maybe if I like the way it turns out I'll share. maybe...


Ok, I need to accomplish a little more with my day today and save some banter for tomorrow. Check back, I'll do better... I promise!

1 comment:

Katherine Krider Satchwill said...

YIPEEEEE! I'm so glad you're back--and Nic too. 40 days is a long time to be 'gone' but facebook's good. This is better--the book will be BEST! Do include me in the list of fans who want a copy....What a great idea. P.S. Where was Fred when the hijacking happened? I can imagine his 'story'...