Thursday, March 29, 2012

INTENTION is hard work

So I'm not going to bore anyone with excuses and reasons for not writing in the past month. I am just going to say that living a life of INTENTION is only worthwhile if there is ACTION included.

I have great INTENTION to volunteer at the library. I have INTENTIONS to send a nice note to the crossing guards who take such great care of the kids in my neighborhood. I have INTENTION to send cards and notes to friends who are sick, celebrating and even mourning but I don't do it! I have INTENTION to serve with grace. I have INTENTION to CREATE something each week. I have INTENTION to spend quality time with my amazing family.

It is not that I can't. It's not that I don't sincerely want to. It is simply that I DON'T follow through. So I can have the best INTENTIONS on the planet and it doesn't mean a damn thing if I don't act!

This is my wake-up call. I have spent the first quarter of the year learning and trying on my OLW and now I need to walk the talk! I need to make my INTENTIONS my "To Dos."

I have 9 months left to get this to be a habit. 9 months to improve myself and make a difference in my own life and hopefully the lives of others as well.  I am excited about this! I am OPTIMISTIC and hoping SERENDIPITOUSLY that I am able to act with GRACE and INTENTION each and every day.

P.S. Words in all caps are previous OLWs from years past, Just trying to come full circle.

No comments: