Well we have hit both coasts and had lots of fun so far this summer but it has been far from SIMPLE. I am ready for some simple summer fun. I am hoping to SWIM soon. I would say I am hoping to sit outside and read a book in the hammock but.... The hammock broke a couple of months ago and it is 104 degrees out this evening. There will be NO reading outside for quite some time.
William is away at his leadership camp and I MISS HIM TERRIBLY! I cried when I dropped him off last night in Austin. He was less than enthusiastic about attending and it is further away then camp last summer. We were both pretty nervous about the new location of the camp itself and the fear that comes from new things. He handled it better than me. He is there with a friend and I have complete faith in the adult staff. He will have fun. And I know if her doesn't I will hear all about it.
He returns to us on Friday. Camp is done at about 1. My fabulous neighbor Meredith will bring Will home to us. A BIG part of me wants to drive down and pick him up but it makes no sense. He can get a ride home with the Smiths. I'll have him back home soon enough.
Nic will enjoy being an only child this week. I have no major expectations. He has some dog sitting responsibilities and a new video game so he should stay out of trouble. Nic will begin summer school next Monday. We signed him up for Speech. He will take a semester long class in just 14 days. 5 1/2 hours/day. It will be intense but good to get that out of the way. Hopefully he can take another semester class next summer and be able to have a little flexibility further along in his HS career.
Fred hasn't been traveling at all for work lately due to some unrest in Mexico. I am happy to have him safe and in town but some nights I really want to sleep in the middle of the bed alone. Is that a bad thing?
No comments:
Post a Comment