Tomorrow is a big day! The School Board will get a sneak peek at the new school zones just about an hour before the general public. I sincerely don't care if we are rezoned to Independence or if we stay at Heritage I just want to know which way we're going. At the same time that I say I don't really care I have some friends that have strong opinions both directions for many meaningful and personal reasons. I want everyone to be happy and excited but I know it won't end that way.
So tomorrow I will head off to my first FISD School Board Meeting and see what the experts recommend. Then the discussions, phone calls and emails will begin as everyone pleads their case for why this or that is better for their kids and their family. The community will talk amongst themselves and a month from now it will be discussed by the school board further and they get to weigh the validity of arguments and the possibilities of erasers and fresh pencil lines.
It's going to be a very exciting 75 days or so. I'm just certain of one thing... my boys are going to be okay and they will receive the best that FISD has to offer no matter what school they attend.
No comments:
Post a Comment