Wednesday, August 29, 2018

I think it is time to pick up the story in a new chapter.

I receive a message today that reminded me that I have a blog. I have had it for over 10 years and have contributed to it faithfully for only about 7 of those. Writing short quips and posting pics on FB and Twitter have replaced my writings here on the blog.

Perhaps that needs to change?

Perhaps it is time to think in complete sentences and not hashtags. Perhaps it is time to put some complete thoughts into the world and not sound bites?

Or maybe I am just avoiding doing the WORK that I should be working on right now so let's see if I remember how to do this...

It is August which means lots of birthdays, school is starting up, weather SHOULD BE CHANGING SOON (PLEASE MOTHER NATURE, PLEASE!)

My August looks different this year because I am sitting here in Frisco alone. No kids or a hubby in the state of Texas right now. Fred is in Mexico doing his thing, saving the world. Nic is in Indiana getting ready to start is Sophomore/Junior year at Rose-Hulman. Will is working hard on day three of his classes at the University of Cincinnati. I am sitting in our 3600 square foot house with my 20 pound cat and it is quiet.

The good news is that I do not mind the quiet too much. I am a lover of slow. I like to have control over the background noise and really enjoy no background noise. So for today I am savoring the still and the quiet and am trying to be productive.

One of the items I just checked off the mental to do list was paying Nic's meal plan bill at Rose. That led me to a mental reminder that the boys owes us money and I was gonna begin collecting on his debt. That led me to looking at his bank account and becoming frustrated at what I was seeing. That boy. He wears me out. So then I thought, I wonder if he was able to make a connection and make the change to his class schedule that he mentioned when we spoke yesterday. So I called him. And I woke his butt up. At 11:30 AM. The day before school starts. OOOOOOOF. I am just not sure how he plans to be successful if he can't get himself out of bed. I think he could become my new pet project. He has GOT TO figure this out and he may not think he needs my help but I am offering it, no I am IMPOSING it, because I refuse to waste more money on classes that he misses because it is too early in the morning. (Adds, Principles of Waking up Rested to my research list.) And yes, I have a list like that. It currently includes some tax information, vacation spots in Michigan and Sleep/Waking. Only one of those really sounds exciting.

Okay, well, I have worked myself into a bit of a tissy and I need to go be productive and do the research and eat some lunch and drink more water and shower. All the things.

Be well. I'll be back!

No comments: