I suggested in my last post that I would try to post 10 times this month. Well, it's already December 10th and I have only posted once! I'm gonna be doing two-a-days in December if I don't get my butt in gear!
So the latest and greatest?!?!?!
I had some MAJOR dental work done on Saturday that went surprisingly well. Not saying that it didn't hurt or that I don't continue to be in some pain but it is not as bad as my anxiety had led me to think. And for that I am thankful. I was able to sleep away my Saturday once I got home so that helped I'm sure. I go back in another 10 days or so to finish up the work and get my new tooth so that will be fun I'm sure... NOT!
Nic has his first Middle School Band Concert next Monday. He is as an all-band rehearsal today and will come home famished in a few minutes. He is doing a really great job learning the saxophone and I am pleased with his progress. Of course I pay $16 a week for private lessons and nag constantly for him to get in his 20 minutes of practice. Once he gets started he does pretty well. It is much more bearable to listen to these days than a few short months ago.
Fred is in Mexico again this week and should be home Saturday. He is working a ton these days but honestly he doesn't do well when things are slow. He thrives on angst and bedlam. Me.. not so much.
For example I worked at the Holiday Store today at the elementary school. The place was just tooooooooo crazy. I should not criticize since I was not in charge but seriously. I could do a better job and I just might. I am seriously considering overseeing it next year. This year my BIG project was the directory and that really turned into Fred's BIG project. I won't sign him up for that again. But maybe... we'll see.
Well, we made plans to go to Indiana for Christmas this year. Actually the week after Christmas through New Year's Day. I am excited to fly and by-pass the 14 hour drive. Since our Thanksgiving plan was foiled by Fred getting the flu this is the alternative and I am OK with it. I will need to send some gifts but I can handle that. Guess we'll take an extra bag for things we need to bring home but I hope family is aware that small items are appreciated. We certainly need NOTHING in our lives, we are so blessed, so just seeing the family will be such a present.
So the frustrating story of the day revolves around my kitchen faucet. Sunday or Monday I was turning it from one side of my sink to the other and heard a crack. Not a good sound to hear from your sink. After the crack the faucet was very loose and swung a little too freely back and forth. Well, Fred got home and used the sink and agreed that it was too loose. He took a look underneath and found a bunch of rusted debris in the cabinet. He had me go out on Tuesday and buy a new sink. I liked out old sink just fine but saw something else that I thought would work just fine. I spent way more than I wanted to but not as much as I could have. It just wasn't in the budget this month but we didn't think it would wait.
So, the guy at Home Depot tells me that my Moen faucet is guaranteed for life and suggested that I call Moen and see if they could help me out. Worth a try
right? So Fred replaced the faucet because he is just that capable and it works and looks great! I then tried to call Moen yesterday only to be told that there is a 55 minute hold time. NOT HAPPENING! They had an option to schedule a call from them so I took that option and scheduled a call for this morning. What the Moen guy said was that the warranty applies only to the original owner of the faucet. Well, that's not me. I am SOL.
right? So Fred replaced the faucet because he is just that capable and it works and looks great! I then tried to call Moen yesterday only to be told that there is a 55 minute hold time. NOT HAPPENING! They had an option to schedule a call from them so I took that option and scheduled a call for this morning. What the Moen guy said was that the warranty applies only to the original owner of the faucet. Well, that's not me. I am SOL.In the end I have a new functioning faucet and I may take the time someday to drop MOEN a note and let them know of my disappointment. I suppose this means that in order to take advantage of any warranty for my faucet I will need to take it with me when I move. But somehow I'd bet that there is a also a clause that says somethings about"initial installation." Anyone agree?
No comments:
Post a Comment