Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Let's try this...

How about I see if I can post 10 times in the month of December?! That would be a record of late and I would love to beat a record!


Today is the first of the month and it is starting out nicely. I went to a meeting at the middle school today about bullying. It was informative and gave me some food for thought and discussion. Nic has been the victim of some bullying in middle school and as a mother I want to do all I can to protect him. Sadly I can not do what I have in the past, middle school is a bit of a fortress, so I need to equip him for battle on his own. It's tough.


After the "Coffee with the Counselor" program my pal and I went to Sam's. My list was short but between the two of us we filled a cart. We headed back to her place to unload her stuff and got wrapped up in a project at her house. I ended up there for the rest of the afternoon, helping, trying a new and DELICIOUS recipe, and generally just being a friend. I love being a friend! It's the best. Almost as good as being a wife, mom, daughter, sister, cousin, niece, etc.


I got home to handle a few things here at the homestead that included but was not limited to Will wanting to leave the state of Texas. It seems that he is getting a little bullying at school too. Some boys are giving him a hard time because he is "friends" with so many girls. He is such a good friend to so many that it stinks that some people feel the need to give him a hard time about this. I don't want him to forsake his friends that are girls to please his friends that are boys. That seems pretty unfair to all involved. I hope that I can talk to the counselor at school tomorrow while I am there. The doors are wide open at the elementary school.


Tomorrow is a BIG day. I am subbing for a Kindergarten teacher. Mrs. M's class is the best, I have been there 5 days this year so far. They are really great kids, Mrs. M has them in line so that helps. I am off to kiss and tuck the boys then myself. Gotta get some sleep to prep for the day with my kinder friends!

No comments: