Texas snow on Christmas Eve 2009
As my friends out east struggle with feet of snow and my friends in Iowa are digging out of the drifts. My family in Indiana are also enjoying the "white stuff." We here in Texas are being told we might get an inch or two tonight. My boys are counting on a snow day tomorrow. They are desperate for the white stuff! We have seen more than usual here in TX this winter but still nothing near what we have averaged over the last 10 years or so.

Possible view of the backyard in MI or IA. Really a random pic from Flikr
So, I ask myself.... Do I miss having a real winter with snow pants, boots, scarves for everyone and an accessory dryer rigged by the fireplace? I think that the answer is a very honest NO!
I have never been a fan of extreme weather, which I do have to deal with here in the summer, but the two winters in Iowa and the six winters in Michigan were harsh. I do not miss that. I enjoy the milder temps, the grass, even though it's dead under my feet, and the occasionally sunny day tossed in for good measure.

Possible Texas summer temp.
So for my friends and family dealing with the blizzards of 2009-2010 I wish you luck and I admire your fortitude. As for me, I will enjoy the dead grass and will welcome a late start if Mother Nature decides that my kids deserve that.
No comments:
Post a Comment