2010. I thought it was going to be a chillin kind of year. And for the most part it was. We had blips of excitement and tragedy but mostly we just chilled.
As I type this I recall some of the bigger blips.
Losing Pete suddenly in October. I still expect to hear him clip clip clip through the house as I move about. I think that tomorrow I will finally clean the entry window that is covered with the last of his nose prints. It's time. I think.
Nic struggling with 6th grade. I do not recall middle school being so tough. Maybe because my middle school was still my elementary school? Maybe because we live in a different time and place than 25 years ago. I don't know for sure but I do know that my kid is AMAZING and if everyone could just see that about him the world would be a better place.
Will Baker can play ball! He did this summer and with his team and great coaches he even earned MVP one game! He needs to believe in himself. If he could see some footage of his great plays perhaps he would SEE that he rocks!
Fred is very patient. I went back to work for a couple of months in the spring and my hubby supported me through it all. Even though he would rather I work a day or two a week. He supported me working 5 days a week for 8 weeks. What a guy.
Being away from "home" doesn't get easier. I still get jealous of my sister, brother, niece and nephews for being so close to my parents. I still wish we were all rich with enough money for quarterly trips north or south, depending on the weather. I have been wandering far from home for a dozen years but I still miss Indy and all the people that I love who live there.
Looking forward I can see great things. I am optimistic that this year will be rich with goodness for me and my family. My boys will continue to be successful in school and relationships. Fred and I will continue on our our path TOGETHER for better or worse. We will all strive to impact the world around us in positive ways. We will volunteer, pitch-in, set good examples and grow.
I am still narrowing down my OLW choice for 2011. It is proving a bit challenging as I have a lot I'd like to focus on this year. I will make my choice by Monday. It seems a proper day to commit and start the journey.
In conclusion I just have to go on record in print and say that I am feeling VERY BLESSED right now. My family is healthy in body and spirit. My marriage is strong. My kids are beyond amazing and LIFE IS GOOD. I do not take that for granted. I thank God for his provisions and I take some responsibility in the fact that we do things well around here. It's good for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment