Nic wanted to get a new Nerf gun today. He had a couple of gift cards from Christmas and maybe even his birthday so he figured he could spend them. Now please recognize that we already have a nice Nerf arsenal upstairs. Each boy only has two hands so I'm uncertain why we would need more than the 5-6 guns we already own. Well, something out there was better somehow and Nic wanted it.
I have tried many times to encourage and discourage certain purchases by my children. Limiting Pokemon cards, YuGiOh cards, Bakugan and most recently Bey Blades. Seems that if I give them an inch and say yes, you may buy one or two that they are unsatisfied and would of course prefer 5 or 6. Will recently used some Valentine's money from his Mamma to buy a double pack of Bey Blades. He then used some saved money to purchase a stadium for the Beys. He was satisfied with those purchases until...
Until Nic wanted a new Nerf gun. Then all the sudden Will was trying to sell me Barnes and Noble gift cards for cash so he could get a new Nerf gun too. I didn't bite. I don't need B&N gift cards and Will doesn't need a new Nerf gun. He needs to realize that they money he chose to spend on Bey Blades two weeks ago and last week impacted his ability to purchase a Nerf gun today. Tough lesson? YOU BET! Good lesson? I HOPE!
No comments:
Post a Comment