Friday, August 24, 2012

Back 2 School

It is almost like January around here. There is a sense of new beginning. There is an opportunity for a fresh start. There are new schools, new classes, new teachers, new routines.  There are new clothes, new shoes and new friends.  There are new habits and new opportunities.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE back to school time. I love school supplies and freshly sharpened pencils and a clean notebook. Many years that I send the boys off I wish deep down that I was the one with a new teacher and new things to learn.

I am learning though. As I trudge along in my serving and working I learn each and every day. I have learned that it is not my job to make people happy. I have learned that by saying yes to sub jobs I do make people happy. I have learned that rules are guidelines and that there are no PTA police but there are best practices. I have learned more about 501 (c) (3) stuff and tax exempt status and what it means to be incorporated in the state of Texas that I ever wanted to know! The good news is that because I have paid attention and worked through the processes of the last year I can HELP someone else if they are faced with the challenge. I hope I never need to be that mentor but I would if I was asked.

My goals and aspirations for this school year are many.

1. I hope to support my boys in being successful in Middle and High School while allowing them to fail just enough to LEARN a lesson or two.
2. I hope to work enough to contribute to the bottom line for my family while taking enough time to enjoy being a SAHM and professional volunteer.
3. I hope to fulfill my responsibility as PTA President with professionalism and continue to develop the middle school PTA to 100%. Family Engagement, Advocacy and Parent Education.
4. I hope to manage my household in a way that is pleasing to my family. To keep clothes are the hangers, warm dinners on the table at night and toilet paper rolls full.

I'm sure I need to plan on more than that but it looks like a good start. Good luck to anyone and everyone during this season of fresh starts!

No comments: