I am the mother of a high school student. I dropped him off this morning at THE HIGH SCHOOL! It seems like it was just last week that I was hearing his babble on and on about the Pangaean Puzzle in the Magic School Bus Travels to the Center of the Earth PC game. He looked quite handsome today and the BEST part was that when he got out of the car he saw a FRIEND and lit up and faced his day. I'm not sure if he was nervous. I'm not sure if he was scared. What I do know is that he is ready! He has broken the ice with kids through summer school and summer theatre camp and he has his supplies and schedule and he can get in his locker and he has lunch money in his account. He is READY!
My dear sweet Will was up immediately with his alarm and hit the showers and breakfast table with a smile on his face. On our way to school I asked if he was excited and he said he was looking forward to his new teachers! Who says that? I expected, I'm happy to see my friends, or I'll be happy at 3:30 but no, WB was excited about his new teachers! It's going to be a GREAT year because he does have great teachers. No pressure Ms. Tran! He traveled light today with just PE clothes that he doesn't even need yet but he wanted to be prepared. He also took with him the summer reading book that he has gotten through at least twice and possibly three times. It was engaging and compelling and it was great for boys and girls. I wish i could have been in on the discussions today. Bet they are going to be enlightening. He left the rest of his supplies at school last week. He has got a handle on the whole MS thing so I am expecting great things.
I settled into my quiet house with a big gulp of water and two miles on the treadmill. No tears today but I will miss my boys. They are the light in my life and I want the BEST for them in everything. I am so pumped about the POSSIBILITY of a new school year. I pray that the boys have the day they have (don't want to put too much pressure on them) and that they come home ready to share the ups and downs with me. I am their biggest FAN!

No comments:
Post a Comment