Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The piles are replicating I just know it.

To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk.
- Thomas A. Edison


Been a weird week around here. Not too productive due to a wonky schedules with kids and sick friends and extra carpool shifts and migraines and lack of motivation and oh so much  more...

Anyway, today after my three trips to HS, a quick zip through McDonald's for my daily Coca Cola and a VERY LONG shower, I got down to something that I have had on my mental to do list for quite some time.  I attacked a few of my many PILES!

I had one in the LR, three in my bedroom, a magazine rack full that had about an inch of dust on it and I still have two more behind the couch and what look to be another two on my desk.  I am sure that there are a couple on the dining room table too because that is just the way of my world.  Some of my piles are made up of books. Some are magazines and mail and a few and papers that have been sorted and resorted and will need to be sorted once again. The piles include coupons, receipts, good ideas, wishful thinking, hidden treasures as well as JUNK!

I recall my mother and father both having PILES in their lives when I was growing up. Dad's piles were mostly on his desk upstairs and tucked away. He had bills and reports and treasures in his piles too.  He also had some pretty amazing piles in the basement near his workbench. I don't recall ever seeing the top of that piece. Just the piles that covered it.  I wish I had taken notice of how his piles were doing when I was home last month. I bet he still has a few.  Mom's piles were on the buffet or when company was coming they were placed IN the buffet. We have always had a coffee table and sometimes piles could be found there too.

A pile on my desk that should be EASY to tackle since it includes 2 books.
In my house piles are part of the way I live.  Fred despises my piles and sometimes when I am away he takes all the piles and combines them for me.  Yep, hon I get the hint.  I still have to go through them though and I still need to decide if there are nuggets from that magazine that I could use. I need to put the coupons in the proper place so that I might SOMEDAY actually remember to take the 20% off coupon with me to Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Today I sorted and combined and not have two smaller piles where once there were four. I have put about 8 pounds of recycling into my bin to be taken to the garage and IF the rest of the day goes as I hope I could get through the piles behind the couch and on my desk.  Will they disappear? Not on your life! But will they be neater and have fewer expired items in them? Heck yeah!

I take the good that I can and hope that among all of the progress I find a nugget of inspiration and feel vindicated that I kept a little something in just one of my piles.



No comments: