February was a rough month. I always get a little blue in January and generally pull out of the funk by February but this year it seems to have lingered.
As I was getting my day started today I stepped on the scale and saw a VERY yucky number. What's worse is that I am headed to the Dr. tomorrow for blood work and prescription refills and of course I'll have to step on HER scale which is never as nice as my own scale and if MY scale is ugly then hers will be HIDEOUS! Ugh.
That led me to a bit of contemplation and a realization that my funk was on an extended stay and I needed it to GO HOME NOW!
I wrote myself a little note (5 pages) and tried to put to paper what the BIG things were that were challenging me. Some were me wallowing. Some were out of my control. And some need to be addressed with the usual culprit(s). All are significant but minor in the whole scheme of life.
I know that I am beyond blessed. I have a healthy family and for times when we are less than healthy we have health care. We have amazing friends nearby who support us in good times and bad. We have family across the globe who would come to our rescue if we needed it. We don't need it but they can still come and visit ANY TIME THEY WANT! We drive nice cars, attend a faith filled church, our kids are getting a fab education and we have a roof over our heads that many would envy. We are okay. We are better than okay. I have no good reasons to wallow. I have no good reasons to be sad or lackadaisical.
I AM HAPPY! Remember, that is my word! HAPPY! I had forgotten my own word!
So starting today I am hitting the snooze bar less. I plan on attacking my mornings with GUSTO and purpose and I am going to make everyday HAPPY on some level and maybe even EVERY LEVEL. I'll slip, I'll struggle but I will keep on keeping on and with God's grace and the support of friends and family I will be HAPPY and I will share that with all those I know. It's only right.




1 comment:
Just playin' around and discovered this March 2013 Blog--accompanied by the play list on Betsy's blog. Nice trip. Wondering why I can't seem to do more focused, productive work. "Desultory' is the word I'll choose--more erudite than goofin' off, surfin' the net or otherwise indulging in the lazy life.
Post a Comment