Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year, New Possibilities

It has been so long since I have even opened this blog. It used to be my lifeline and at times I posted multiple times in a day. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have replaced the news sharing feature of the blog but I have felt, many days, like I needed/wanted to say more. I have chosen my OLW for 2015 to be WRITE. I have been feeling an urge deep in my soul to write something meaningful. I need to practice and warm up before the good stuff comes out so be patient. I hope to be patient with myself along the way. It is a journey, it is a path, it will be long. I may stumble. I may get lost. I hope to persevere and accomplish my goal.

In 2015 I was thinking that I could start each day with some fruit.  That's not hard right?  I need to make better nutritional choices on a daily basis and starting with fruit in the morning seems like a good choice.

In 2015 I am going to focus more on self-care and taking time out for ME.  Many think that is selfish but I think it will help me to be more present in other things if I am not wishing I was doing something for myself the whole time. Hobbies can be revived, books can be read and connections can be renewed. Connections with myself and friends as well.

In 2015 I vow to keep my vows. Fred and I have had some bumps in our travels together and 2014 wasn't all smooth sailing. We both can do more to improve. I bought us an online course ti
It has been so long since I have even opened this blog. It used to be my lifeline and at times I posted multiple times in a day. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter have replaced the news sharing feature of the blog but I have felt, many days, like I needed/wanted to say more. I have chosen my OLW for 2015 to be WRITE. I have been feeling an urge deep in my soul to write something meaningful. I need to practice and warm up before the good stuff comes out so be patient. I hope to be patient with myself along the way. It is a journey, it is a path, it will be long. I may stumble. I may get lost. I hope to persevere and accomplish my goal.

In 2015 I was thinking that I could start each day with some fruit.  That's not hard right?  I need to make better nutritional choices on a daily basis and starting with fruit in the morning seems like a good choice.

In 2015 I am going to focus more on self-care and taking time out for ME.  Many think that is selfish but I think it will help me to be more present in other things if I am not wishing I was doing something for myself the whole time. Hobbies can be revived, books can be read and connections can be renewed. Connections with myself and friends as well.

In 2015 I vow to keep my vows. Fred and I have had some bumps in our travels together and 2014 wasn't all smooth sailing. We both can do more to improve. I bought us an online course to challenge us to work together on setting goals and making great decisions for our family. I am anxious to dive in to that. I hope he plays along and gets a little something out of it. Nic said something a little profound yesterday as he was talking about a friend whose parents are struggling a bit right now. He said he was grateful that Fred and I weren't willing to give up on US easily. That he sees that we work to make things solid between us and he knows it isn't always easy. WOW.  My 16 year old sees this.

In 2015 I plan to continue to serve my community. Mostly that will mean booster clubs at IHS and hopefully some community volunteering. It is a part of me that I am enriched by and fed by. I can not give it up.  I think I will be hanging up my PTA hat once my position on the FISD Council is done. Susan asked me to stick around and do more but I'm not sure I am up for it.

In 2015 I will work really hard to stay connected to my boys. At 14 and 16 their lives are separated from mine so many hours of the day. I need to take full advantage of the hours we do have together and keep the dialog flowing both ways. It's more than important... it's imperative.

Well, I am sure that these "goals" or "resolutions" will be developed in the coming weeks. I feel certain that some will take precedence and some will need to be visited again and again but I know that if I can stick with this plan that 2015 has the potential to be an AMAZING year!

No comments: