I did it again. I got on the treadmill and moved today. I mixed it up a bit and it felt really good. I ran for 1 minute intervals for the first mile then I upped the incline to three and slowed the pace for the next 1/2 mile then I ran again for another 1/2 mile. I kept looking out the window and feeling so grateful that we bought the treadmill in January. It is 100 degree outside and if I had to workout outside I would NEVER do it!
Well after the workout I spend some mindless time in front of the TV then it was time for a nap. Once I got that craziness out of my system I was able to shower and face the day. The day consists of not much in the way of productivity but enjoying the freedom of summer. I did read a little PTA stuff and head out with the fam for dinner. We are all home and off in our own little worlds again. I used to mind when we divided up throughout the house but I don't mind it so much any more. We are together enough and time apart is okay.
So the week ahead is big. I have to get ready for the PTA Summer Leadership Seminar in Austin Fri, Sat and Sun. I am excited to attend but am VERY nervous as well. This whole PTA President thing sounded easy at the start but there is so much to know and do. Thankfully I have a great team on the board but I need to find the balance of how much to expect, how much to do myself and how to manage and encourage others in their projects without taking it on myself. That is hard but I am getting better. Thankfully I have adopted the "less is more" mantra these last few years.
So I'm going to go read some news and try to come up with something a little deeper to write about tomorrow. Just updating the world on my life hardly seems blogworthy. Time to dig a little deeper!
No comments:
Post a Comment