Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm shrinking.

Yep, I really am. From November to last month I had lost 13 pounds but of course my Dr. wants me to lose 10 more in the next three months. I knew that I had lost weight but had forgotten where I started on the scale so I did not know how much. I did know that none of my pants fit anymore unless I added a belt. I had not NEEDED to wear a belt in a VERY long time. I was happy about the belt except on days that I forgot it and had to hike my pants up all day. Now I am struggling because I want to wear clothes that fit but I think if I lose 10 more pounds that will be another size smaller. If I buy clothes that fit now they won't fit in the fall. I could be so lucky right? So I bought two new pairs of capris today at Kohl's . Both at just a smidge snug so if I keep at it I should be really comfortable in them in a week or two.

So the plan for losing 10 more pounds in to MOVE! Dr. wants 40 minutes every day! I'm going to give her 40 minutes 6 days a week. Today, Sunday, is supposed to be my day off but maybe, just maybe, I'll be compelled to hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. It sure beats nothin! Which is what I had been doing for the last three months. We bought the treadmill in January and I did pretty well with it in Feb and March but then we folded it up when company came and it took a long time to unfold it and then I was too busy. Well, Fred and I are both back at it. He is only walking/running every other day but again, it sure beats nothin!

So here is my dilemma. If I continue to eat as I always have, (read - not very well) but I exercise like I NEVER have before will I lose weight? Can I shrink if I eat what I want? I have yet to find a vegetable that I love besides corn and from what I read that hardly counts as a vegetable.

Okay, I'll keep y'all up to date with my progress. Hopefully it will keep going in the right direction and maybe I'll need to go down 2 pant sizes by this fall. Maybe?

No comments: