Thursday, February 9, 2012

Prayers

Seems like there are so many people in need of prayers these days. People I know and love, people I see on the news, people who I know exist but I don't know their whole story. I don't need to know. They still need my prayers.

My prayer journal is a wonderful place to write names of specific people, many are often repeated, and write praises for answered prayers. It keeps me focused and allows me to look back and see progress and maybe see where I need to be more specific. Not that God needs to answers all of my requests. Obviously, He know better than I what I need in my life. He knows if my prayer for success needs to happen just that way or if failure is necessary for the next success to be that much sweeter. He will heal in his own time. He will see the reason for the journey.

Prayer can be as simple as my list written on a piece of paper or in a journal. It can be a meditation on one thing. Prayer can be time spent with soft music and candle light, inviting God into your life to walk through each day with you.

Light a candle or light a dozen. Set a peaceful mood.

A few years ago I prayed to God for a refrigerator repair man. (I was looking back on old posts today.)  Tonight I will pray for healed hips and recovery from diseases. I will pray in thanksgiving for school guidance counselors. I will ask for patience and guidance as I sub in 2nd grade tomorrow. I will pray for safety for travelers, especially for those related to me. I'll pray for families trying to have babies. I will pray for children who are in need of families. I will pray for hospice patients and their care givers. I will pray for my sweet neighbors who have been married for 50 years, that they enjoy each other for many many more. And I will pray for you. I hope that you will do the same for me.

No comments: