Sunday, February 19, 2012

SLACKER!

I was talking about myself don't worry. I haven't blogged in 10 days! I have thought about it many many times but just haven't taken the action. My INTENTION has been other places I guess. Sadly, I must admit that one of those places has been my DVR. It was almost full again and I had to spend some time watching Extreme Home Makeover's final episode and get caught up on the oh so terrible Private Practice. There is so much I don't like about that show but somehow I get sucked in and watch. Ugh!

I have also been working a bunch lately! I have worked three-four days each week this month. It's going to pay off really well but not until April. That is REALLY far off. It does take a lot out of me to work that much but it has been fun at the same time. I have spent some time in second grade where I haven't been all year. These are the kids I had when I subbed a bunch in Kindergarten two years ago. They are all so much BIGGER and wiser now. It's been fun. I also spent a little time in music, PE, 1st grade and 5th grade. I am taking a break though. I have to. I have COMPANY COMING!

My mother-in-law Carolyn, SIL Mary Sue, BIL Rick and his mom Pat are coming for a visit next week. I have some cleaing and straightening to do before they arrive as well as some meeting this week. While they are here I will stay home to host Carolyn and help her with some baking that she plans to do for us while she is here. We haven't had company since my parents were here last August so I should probably dust the guest room.

I have also taken some time in the last week to work on a scrapbook about ME! It is the 10 Things kit and I am slowly but surely filling it in with tid bits, fact, feelings and goals. I need to find some photos to go with all of my words but that will come.  I am going to get the chance to be even more creative in a couple of weeks. I passed along an email to Fred about a Stamping Up! stamp retreat that I wanted to attend and he got the hint. He also shared the link with Troy so Sabrina and I are going to attend together and CREATE for 24 hours. Well, we'll sleep for a few of those hours in our HOTEL room. I am excited to spend time with my friend and meet some new people too. It should be a creatively productive time that I will look forward to with much anticipation.

This is a sneak peak of something that we will be creating!
Well the week ahead looks promising. It's got to be good since Monday is a holiday! I have a PTA president's lunch that I will attend on Tuesday. I enjoy the time to connect and share and learn about PTA and the district. Wednesday evening the boys are going to try out the youth program at the church we have been visiting the last couple of months. I am excited for them. Youth group was such a HUGE part of my growing up and I want them to have that safe haven in faith and the good influence of other kids who believe the same. Thursday Will has baseball practice then Friday we will get ready for our company. The crew arrives on Saturday evening.

So, nothing too strenuous and a few things FUN FUN FUN!

No comments: