Fred just bought a new gun safe yesterday. He was able to get a SUPER GREAT deal on it with some "connections" through our Liberty Mutual agent. It will be delivered later in the week. He spent some time today rearranging his office to make room for it. It should be a nice addition to his space. He was also able to wrap up our federal taxes and submit those today. It'll be nice to get that refund direct deposited to our account in just a few days. We have done direct deposit the last few years and it usually shows up in less than a week!
Nic spent Friday and Saturday performing with his advanced theater class in their one act version of Harvey. He did an excellent job playing Dr. Chumley, looking quite distinguished in his white lab coat and again in a fedora and trench coat. I was pretty amazed that he could walk so tall on stage. The play received a superior rating in the contest yesterday. All of the kids did so well. The lead actor won Best Actor of the Day, Dr. Sanderson won an Honorable Mention medal, a lighting tech won an award and Nic won an All-Star Actor award. It's a neat medal that is engraved and everything! So proud. So very proud!
We have a couple of meetings this week about high school class selection. I am in a bit of denial about being the mother of a high school student. I realize that even with denial Nic will proceed to this milestone in his life but I just can't believe we are there, or here, as the case may be.
Okay, I'm off to watch the last few minutes of the Super Bowl. I do not care who wins I just want to see Indianapolis host this great party. Lots of FB posts this week with photos and tales of the week. I was able to talk to Denise tonight and she put it all in perspective as we talked about what streets different events were being held on. Sounded as great from her as everyone else is saying. Such a completely different experience that we had in Dallas last year. Snow and ice and spread out venues were awful in comparison to location location location in Indy as well as surprisingly mild January weather. Way to go Indy!
1 comment:
If it makes you feel any better, we are doing the whole apply to college, and scholarship essays. The next four years will fly by.
Post a Comment