I just realized it has been a few days since my last post. I guess that is because I was feeling better late in the week so I was out and running a bit more and the activities I was partaking in were not particularly earth shattering. I guess that means that I can not be held responsible for the devestation in Italy today. Just terrible and so scary. My prayers go out to all those whose lives have been touched by this tragedy.
Friday I did go to get my tire patched where I ran over a nail. I was smart enough to know that the nail should be left in the tire and headed to the Honda dealership on Friday to get the tire patched and oil changed. I went prepared to wait 45 mins but when they said it would be closer to 90+ I opted to take the dealership shuttle to the mall. I had to second guess myself when the shuttle driver headed off the lot. He was a maniac driver and it was all made worse because I was sitting in the bcak seat. I survived the long trek to the mall, (it is actually just on the other side of a highway from the dealership but we had to run another customer home first so my short trip turned into something a little longer.) Once I got to the mall, and kissed the ground, I was trying to figure out how I could get back to the dealership without calling for the shuttle. I considered asking perfect stragers and then ran into a friend at the mall but totally forgot my strandedness until she was gone. I took care of my errands etc, had lunch, (making sure it was an appropriate last supper) and called for the shuttle. God heard my cries and sent the shuttle with a NEW DRIVER! he was great and we got back to the shop just as my car was finished. It turned out that I put the nail in my tire in a spot that could not be patched so I needed a new tire. UGH! So $258 later I left there and headed home.
Friday afternoon was full of park fun, sun and LOTS of friends. The boys had 2 friends each over after we went to the park. It was lots of laughter and noise and no tears!
Saturday was family fun day and we got a bit of a late start but headed to Adventure Landing. They have a Saturday Special that was right up out alley. After putt putt, laser tag and a mediocre arcade we hit Steak-n-Shake for lunch. We headed home and I had every intention of spending some time scrapbooking. Instead Fred went to work on some boxes that have been sitting in the garage since my parents were here and I felt compelled to assist with the sort, repack, and move process.
Saturday night we were invited to an impromptu BBQ at the neighbors. I threw some brownies in the oven and when they were done we headed over. It was a great night with great company and the kids were so well behaved. They thought it was cool as all git-out to have the kid table be the back end of Fred's truck. They all piled in with the tailgate down and had a fun time. Only one glass of lemonade spilled and we'll let the rain clean that up. After all of this kids had deserted the truck I went to go clean up flying napkins etc to find Nic already on it. he had three plastic bags, one for food scraps, one for cups to be recycled and one for paper plates. He wasn't sure if they could be recycled so he put them in their own bag. I was so proud of his initiative. That doesn't happen too often so I was pretty generous with my praises.
Sunday is a bit of a blur but I know it involved lots of laundry and linner at Durkin's Pizza. I chatted on the phone with Vicki from Iowa who was informing me that I dodged another winter storm. I had to share that on Friday I had gotten sunburned at the park. Talk about opposite universe. I think we are there and I so got the better half. Sorry Vicki.
Today so far I have gone to offer up some blood before my physical on Thursday. I realized late last night that I had not snacked at all and since I needed to be 12 hours fasted I thought this was the perfect opportunity. Of course as soon as I was done I ran through Krispy Kreme on my way home. Then I went to Sam's with my pal Sabrina then home to rest before a whirlwind volunteer job at school. Now I am putzing until my boys get home. Nic has his second TAKS test tomorrow so he won't have any homework tonight. Will should have some though so that will be tough. Hopefully not too much.
Fred is in town this week so that will be a treat for all of us. I am sure he'll work late a few nights but it will be nice to have him around a bit. OK, off to wait for my boys to get home from school so that next part of the day can begin!
3 comments:
I wish I were you...
you made me tired! By the way, what did you volunteer to do next year?
I would have taken you!! I thought about it too, but thought well she has it worked out. We wandered around a bit and I almost went back and checked for you!!
You must program my cell in yours!
Post a Comment