Not worthy of much fanfare but does probably count as the longest continual journaling I have done in my 37 years of life thus far.
Today and yesterday I have spent a LOT of time in bed or blowing my nose. I have a nasty cold that is making me cranky and not so fun to be around... just ask my boys. Lucky for them they got to go back to school this morning. I kept them home yesterday after I had taken them to Urgent Care on Monday and gotten them on antibiotics for 24 hours. Almost all good.
I called both boys in as sick and absent at 7:15 yesterday morning. I got a call later asking where Will was. Apparently he didn't make the list from the secretary. I assured the records clerk that he was here with me, not off being truant or running the hood. A few hours after that I got a call from the Vice-Principal who needed to call and inform me that Will has now missed 7 days of school. He's not in trouble just wanted to check in. Well, if my kid was failing or struggling from missing 7 days then by all means give me a call but save us both the hassle when he passed his silly TAKS test and is getting straight A's. Maybe I was a little sensitive because I was ill. The phone call didn't last too long and I know he was just doing his job. We move on...
Today I had to run the boys to school because they were moving in slow motion. I got them there and heard the bell ring as I drove out of the parking lot. I'm sure I would have gotten another call today if he was tardy. Just kidding. I came back home and chilled and was so happy to hear from my mama today and then got checked on by some friends. Eventually I did get some more sleep but by the time I had eaten lunch and a few other small tasks I needed another nap. Now I am sure I will have a heck of a time falling asleep. Shoot, I just remembered that I used my last Nyquil last night. UGH! Maybe warm apple juice with some mulling spices will help. No tall glass of milk for me, my fridge is still making FREE milk slushes for anyone interested.
The fridge angel is coming tomorrow morning but won't make it all better because the parts that were ordered on Monday aren't the right ones. Instead of a new motherboard to fix the inaccurate thermostat I have a plastic motherboard frame or cover. No microchips in sight. I did get the new ice maker parts but since the fridge is so cold and makes free milk slushes and any soda is also slushy we don't really need any ice. Strangely the juices are not freezing and neither has my bottled water. Go figure?
OK, time to go move the load of laundry from the dryer to the baskets and make that juice treat. I think I'll read a bit and hopefully get to sleep before 11:00. Tomorrow will be here soon.
2 comments:
Hope you get feeling better soon! We've got a nasty cold around here too...the croup turned into all kinds of other nastiness and now Matt and I have it too...yuck!
Only thing I wish you'd put in your refrigerator when it was that cold would be a Coors Lite Beer! The best beer I ever had was one with 'slush'. Of course it may have been the bar in Colorado where I was enjoying it. So long ago...
Post a Comment