I feel like I need to get one of those weekly pill dispensers with a little box for each day of the week. Pete is getting 2 pills twice a day. Both boys just finished up chewable antibiotics that also required some sort of lactaid type meds so that was three pills twice a day times two boys. Last week I went to the Dr. and needed my own antibiotics one pill twice a day. I already take two pills at night to take care of migraines stuff and am now weaning off those and replacing that with another single pills for a few weeks then amping that up to two pills. Now all of this time I an still nursing my injured thumb and taking two Aleve AM and PM about every other day. Oh and I forgot the Nasonex squirts each morning which I truly tend to forget. UGH!

The good news is that with good prescription benefits, our meds combined are cheaper than the ones Pete takes. But that does not make any of it easier to keep track of. I think they sell pill alarms. Maybe I need to look into that.
On to happier topics. EASTER! We got up and going and made it to 9:00 mass at a new parish. Although we made it in time we would have had to sit in the vestibule so we opted to cross the parking lot and attend the "Children's Mass" taking place at 9:10 in the community building. We got good seats and it was a very nice experience. I have been struggling at our parish since we arrived. I had a wonderful experience with the MOMS program but have not gotten a single ounce of spiritual juice in the 8 months we have attended. I may have jumped the gun on registering at this parish because it was the "Frisco" parish. In Iowa there was no choice but here we have many choices and I need to find a better fit for me and my family. The new parish is about the same distance from home, maybe even a smidgen closer. It seems smaller but still boasts attendance last week of 2981 members. Plenty big for me.
I think we go a bit longer, cheating on our "home" parish and make a decision this summer if we want to move or not. Time will tell.
So, after church we ran to Kroger to get some orange juice and a few other things. Then we headed home for brunch and an Easter scavenger hunt. My pal Sabrina put one together for her kids and she let me steal it for mine. I cooked while Fred hid eggs. The food came together nicely. We had breakfast pizza and waffles. We all ate our fill then the kids scavenged and I cleaned up the kitchen with no plans of returning to it again that day. We pieced our way through the afternoon and evening and everyone seemed fat and happy. Did I miss the ham? Absolutely! But not the leftovers or the clean-up. Brunch worked for us and that works for me!
I took an Easter nap and the boys and daddy were bums in their own way. We Skyped with 2205 and I got to see almost everyone who was there enjoying Easter Dinner. They had ham... but I got a nap.
So the week is so far so good. Pete's meds are working. Fred is in Mexico as of this morning. The boys are healthy. The sun is shining and I saved $27 at the grocery store this morning!

My friend Sabrina and I are on a quest to find money in our budgets at the end of the month. One easy way to do this is by "couponing". I have investigated this phenomena before but never really followed through. With a friend I am inspired. So my pal Kirste asked what my strategy was... My answer, USE THE COUPONS! I tend to save the inserts and sometimes go as far as cutting them out but I rarely remember what I have and remember to take them to the store with me. I am using the online tool called the Grocery Game to spur me to couponing greatness and Sabrina shares her successes too. It can be done and can be done well but it does take time. Well, time is something I happen to have so I can certainly invest some of that time into saving money for my family. I keep you up-dated on my success if I can continue to remember the coupons and hopefully get them in some sort of order before too long. That is going to be a major investment of time but for a closet organizer it will bring me joy too.

Okay, I am off to vacuum the Living Room before Dancing with the Stars begins. The fuzz on the floor really distracts me when I am trying to enjoy my programs. I am getting more weird by the day aren't I? Maybe it's all the meds....
No comments:
Post a Comment