My life will never have real order. I don't really want it in fact. What I do want is a little routine. I like to know who needs to be where and when. I like to know what my responsibilities are with regard to house and kids and spouse. It seems that when we have a break from school (aka routine) then I am in the unknown.
The boys returned to school today and were AMAZINGLY easy to get up and moving. They both ate good breakfasts with eggs and the works. I made about the most perfect omelet of my entire life for Nic this morning! Yeah me!
Once I was able to get everyone off to school I sat for a few and just enjoyed the stillness. The house wasn't really still, lots still going on around me, but it felt more still than it had in weeks. Literally.
After everyone left and I had enjoyed the stillness I moved and moved and moved. I did laundry. I showered and dressed for the day. I ran the dishwasher. I went to the grocery. With a list! I returned phone calls. I faxed. I planned dinner. I had lunch. I worked on my OLW project. I got a headache. I got frustrated. I slowed down. I took a pill. I rested. I tried again. I got the boys. I made dinner. I finished laundry. I invited family time. I blogged. I succeeded!
And now with a true sense of accomplishment I can rest. But before I do I will take a moment and pray. I will pray for peace in my heart. Pray for friends who are ill. I will pray for travelers and students and parents I know. I will pray for my kids and my husband. I will pray for my sister and brothers and parents and those whom they love. I will pray in thanksgiving and I will pray for my wants and God will listen because it is part of the routine that we have. God and me. That routine stays even when the kids are out of school.
No comments:
Post a Comment