Monday, June 25, 2007

EARLY Monday morning...

What am I doing awake at 5:15 AM? Well, I can only tell you that I am not sure why and I am not happy about it. I could guess that since Fred had to get up and going this morning to head to the airport that he was too noisy and I couldn't get back to sleep. Actually, he was nice and quiet with the exception of his alarm. I should have put myself right back to sleep but no, I have too much on my mind right now. As I mentioned Fred is on his way out of town today. He'll be back VERY late on Friday. I am on my own. Generally speaking I do "on my own" pretty well but this week is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Nic is taking a couple of summer classes at ISU this week. One is about Harry Potter and the other is a Math Quest course. He is excited about them and I am excited for him. He will be on campus all day every day this week. That means lots of running for me. I can handle it, I did sign him up for the class. Throw into the mix that Will has Cub Scout Day camp on R, F and S the opposite direction from ISU. I have a plan and I have hired someone to take Nic to ISU on the day that I have volunteered to go to camp but I have no back-up plan and that stinks. I am anxious and worried and am quite literally losing sleep over the matter. Jeez I wish I lived closer to family. This is one of those times that Granny or Aunt Jen should step in and help. I know they would, but can not from 8 hours away. The best I can do is hope for the best.

Well, I could recap our pretty decent weekend then try to sleep an hour before my alarm goes off. The good news is that I cropped on Friday night! I got 9 pages done in the Kirste B-Day album and I am pretty pleased with how they look. I have not journalled but I will, eventually. Saturday was spent on laundry and miscellaneous. Nic and I went to church at 5:00 then he had a friend spend the night. We got Bailey's Pizza, YUM! and they stayed up too late. There was running and laughing and some tears but we all survived. Sunday was family day and we headed out to run some errands that included lunch at Hickory Park! YUM YUM! We then went bowling then to Target and Lowe's. Amazingly, I walked out of Target only $32.00 poorer. That was of course because Fred was with me. I am sure I'll spend a little more there this week.

Will and I are going to be running more errands today while Nic is in class. I am hoping to stay in town until lunch then come home for a bit them go back and get him. I stupidly opened my mouth and volunteered to prime the bathroom this week, among other things, and should start taping off the three doorways and the three mirrors and the shower. What was I thinking? OK, time to have a glass of milk them hope for another hour of rest. More to come I'm sure...

No comments: