Saturday, June 23, 2007

The first day...

Not sure why I feel compelled to start a blog but I read plenty so why not have my own in the mix? Not that my life is exciting or worthy of daily documentation but who knows when something noteworthy might come along right?

It is a mellow Saturday afternoon in Iowa. I think that today might be our 1 year anniversary of moving here. I know it was sometime around this date last year. In our year we have settled some but have a ways to go before we are home, really home. There are patch spots on the wall of this house that are calling for paint, like a whole new color of paint, and there are lots of empty spots on the wall that need stuff hung but alas, the stuff we have to hang just doesn't fir the space. Little by little we are working on it. Wall hangings are just not my priority, just my little nagging thoughts in the back of my head each time I walk by...

Random thoughts that I want to share with whomever might read this... my new favorite convenience items. The one for this week, dun dun dun da, precooked bacon! I had a very yummy Peanut Butter and Bacon sandwich for lunch, no BLT for me, I hate tomatoes! and it was so easy to whip out this bacon, nuke it for 45 seconds and not have a huge mess of grease! Love it!

OK, back to reality, I am off to work on laundry. Fred got home yesterday at 2 and will leave WAY to early Monday morning for another week on the road. Must make certain that the necessities are washed soon so he can repack. My glamorous life is just too much sometimes:)

1 comment:

doodlebugmom said...

I wandered over here from the CKMB. I am with you on the precooked bacon, no mess..YAY!