Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday already?

I'll tell you what, when my weeks are slow they just slip right past. Monday the boys were off school for a staff development day. We slept in a little late, they played with friends from the hood and we ran just a couple of errands. Tuesday was back to school but you know when you miss the real Monday that the whole thing is just a little off.

I did attend my first PTA meeting last night. I have been involved in parent organizations before but this one seems the most well organized. I have taken on the challenge of the school directory next year. The expectations are fairly low and I fully intend to exceed them. As a frequent newcomer/outsider in communities I appreciate a good school directory.

Not too much else new here. Fred is still working locally. The plant in MX was closed for Mon and Tues due to the H1N1 scare. They are up and running today and he's hoping he might get down there as soon as next week. We'll wait and see. Most of the schools that were closed around here are reopening this week so hopefully this "pandemic" scare is slowing down a bit. We continue with life as usual. Homework, end of school countdown, and I'm still packing for our trip to Walt Disney World in my head. I can't wait to see Mickey! 38 days!

No comments: