Saturday, June 27, 2009

Life is more fun living than writing about.

We had a good week here.
Monday, can't remember... shopping I think.

Tuesday, Frisco pool. I spent some time on the lazy river then suffered with the ramifications.... sunburned legs.

Wednesday, the boys had a birthday party at a neighbor's house so I did the final insurance shopping.

Thursday, we had a couple of neighbor kids over then tried to go to a Magic show at the library. Tried was the operative word in that sentence, the tickets were all given out before we got there. We came home, chilled for a bit then went to the neighbors to swim.

Friday was a tough day. Nic was not invited to a rather important birthday party. I was trying very hard to divert his attention by keeping him busy. We started our day getting daddy's oil changed and a nail taken out of his tire. Then we FLEW to Safety Town for a bicycle safety course. After Safety Town we couldn't let the fun end. We went to Strikz and bowled some bowls. I did TERRIBLY the first game and recovered by the second. Our combined scores still landed me in 3rd place. Ugh.

Friday couldn't end too soon. I had BIG plans to watch the new Disney Channel movie, Princess Protection Program. Will went to see MF and ended up getting invited to a movie with her family. It was their first "outing" and no one took a single pic. Ugh. I'm sure there will be other opportunities.

Today Will and I went to a playoff baseball game that his BFF was playing in. Drew's team won and it was a pretty exciting game. They play again tomorrow but I'm not sure if we'll go. It was awfully HOT today even to be a spectator. I felt bad for the kids and umps who were playing in the 107 degree heat.

Thursday also marked the one year anniversary of the fire. It was a little emotional for me, especially because I was alone, but was otherwise uneventful. I am ready to put it in the past. A blip in our family history. If we can just get our last few checks as reimbursement we'll be ready to move on.

This week promises to be a HOT one here in TX. I see swimming and reading and maybe some deck time. The stain guys FINALLY made it out on Thursday. Once it dries completely, hopefully tomorrow, we will get to put together our new deck furniture. I am pumped because the set includes a fire pit. S'MORES! I'll post photos of that for sure!

Ok, time to get the boys off to bed. It's summer and all but we all need our beauty rest.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can it be a year since the fire? It hardly seems that long since we have seen you in Iowa!
We miss you here. It's nice to catch up!

Katherine Krider Satchwill said...

WOW--Life has sure given you so much to do, so little time--but YOU and Fred and Nic & Will are doing a super job of exploring, learning, laughing and making memories. Thanks, Susan.