Monday, September 8, 2008

Are you sitting down?

I suggest you consider taking a seat, the update for today is way exciting. NOT!


I took the boys to school then headed to church to start my week off with 8:30 AM mass. That went just like it should have and after dropping off a check in the office I headed home. I decided that the task that I would tackle today would be checking our DVD collection for damaged DVD's. I did a visual inspection of the disks themselves then randomly chose to watch a few here and there if the disks looked iffy. Well, I have no idea how many discs I checked. I could count, but I only came up with 2 that are damaged and 6 that are missing. The missing ones may have been in such bad shape that they were tossed by the restoration people or lost in the process. No matter, I will add them to the list and we'll pick out a replacement or two or 8.


I need to go through the same process with the VHS tapes but we don't have a VCR that functions so I may only get to the do the visual inspection on those. The packaging was soaked so I am not sure how the tapes fared. They looked OK, the few I checked out yesterday, but who knows. I guess I should borrow a VCR and try them out.


After the first couple of rounds of DVD's I needed to get out and about. I fed myself leftover pizza for lunch then went to Sam's Club. Did you notice that smart move I made, eating then shopping? I still spent $150 but it was all stuff we needed or will need and I am sure I got out with far less than if I had taken the boys. After the shopping I came home and straightened my pantry that was a real mess. Now it is in pretty good shape and I need to label the shelves so people know what goes where. Not that they ever put things away, they tend to get stuff out and I replace it. GO figure. Maybe if I put in some labels they will feel empowered... maybe not.


I finished up the pantry and headed up to the crispy house to check mail and get the boys. No mail before school so we drove by again after school and found a nice big pile waiting. A check from the insurance company and only two bills.


We headed home, some of us in tears from a rough Monday at school, and had snacks and took some deep breaths before we dug into homework and the pile-o-mail. My personal treat was getting the SWAP album from my scrapbook group in Iowa. We had swaps throughout the year where we did multiple pages and swapped among members. We always made an extra for an album that would be raffled off in the end. I lost most of my swap pages in the fire so in another twist of fate and perhaps by the hand of God I WON THE ALBUM! Lori sent it to and I can not wait to throw pictures on the pages and call it done! What a great treat in so many ways.


OK, I finished another BIG pile of DVD's and it is now time to make dinner. I think we'll either have pizza leftovers or meatballs. I need to clean out the fridge a bit before trash day tomorrow. Oh the exciting life that I lead. Are you jealous?

No comments: