Monday, September 1, 2008

A non-laborious Labor Day!

We slept a little too late and had to scramble to get to the Honda dealership in good time. We made it eventually and got right to work finalizing the lease deal. The dealership had a little theater room but the only movie they had was Antz and the had computers for surfing but couldn't support any of the kids' websites. UGH! They suffered through with Sunkist and popcorn for the hour and a half that it took us to complete the transaction. I drove off the lot in the new van with my faithful passengers and Fred followed in the Truck.

I need to call about insurance and such tomorrow, fun stuff and I need to start cleaning up the old van but I have time, not like we are turning it in next week. I at least want to get the tank of gas pretty used up.

After we got the van we celebrated with lunch at Applebees. Three of us ate out fill, Will ate too much popcorn to be hungry, and we parted ways. I ran to Target and everyone else came home. Not sure what else we did today. I know I took a nap and we worked on insurance receipts before Fred took off for Mexico. We are slowly but surely getting through the depreciation difference and should have a batch to turn in soon. No really big ticket items on the list, just a BUNCH of little things. I think it's nearly $3000 in differentials though, it all adds up.

Fred took off around 5:30 and I worked on the spreadsheet for another hour before it was time to hit the pool. We had been planning all weekend and this was the available time. The boys had fun, I chatted with Denise and tried to read but I think skipping dinner meant I was getting a bit of a migraine. I have since eaten, the boys have showered and will be hitting the hay very soon.


I'll leave you with a few shots of the crispy house. Sorry mom, the name fits for now. It will be HOME when I get to sleep there!
A view of the front garage peak. This is where the damage was the worst in terms of holes through the roof.

This is to the left of the first shot. The black papered roof has been replaced and the shingles part will be replaced once masonry is repaired.

No comments: