So my mutt needs a bath and a nail trim BAD! I can take care of the bath part myself but would prefer to let someone else. We don't have a shower with a hose so it is a pain in the tookus to wash the guy. So, I stopped in at a local "puppy spa" to inquire about their prices and services. Are you sitting down?
The cheap deal was $55 and the higher end was $70! Now, I have been out of the dog grooming circuit for awhile, between amazing mom and generous Auntie I have gotten off pretty cheap but MY HEAVENS! I don't even spend $70 on my own beauty routine no way I am spending that on my mutters. Yes Joan, today he is my mutters. I went to PetsMart, bought a new set of clippers and a pair of trimming scissors and will do my best. I figure if I make a routine of it he won't get too shaggy between and I just need to figure out what to do about the shower. Wish me luck.
The boys had a decent day at school. Nic took some liberties at lunch that will cost me in the end but I think we just need to talk about limits and being reasonable. And if that doesn't work then I will put a cap on his daily spending. It can be done and it will if he doesn't get it taken care of on his own. The Willman forgot a worksheet at school but will have time in the AM to get it done. He was bummed at himself but we all forget stuff sometimes. Like me, I forgot I was supposed to call and get insurance on the new van. Better hop off the computer and get that call made!
2 comments:
Does your PetsMart have grooming? Julie uses the Petsmart grooming on E. Washington St. and is quite happy with them, couldnt be that different in a different state?
Personally, i have washed that dog and i would be calling around untill my ear fell off!
Wish you would have been my mom, if i forgot a worksheet i would hae been taken back to school to get it out of my desk/locker... oh and do you think they didnt know when the janitors were out smoking they got in at all hours of the night... STUPID PTA and i was never told that we sometimes forget things, Was my life that tough?
Dog grooming business is looking good, except I don't like to give animals baths either. Kelsi and Marc give the animals baths at our house. Hey! Let me know how that pedicure goes. I've heard that if you cut too close, they can bleed. Too scary for me.
--Andrea
Post a Comment