
Well, the afternoon started to go down hill as the skies opened and the rain came down right at 2 so I knew I would need to leave soon to get in line to get the boys. I was right to get there early and we got through pick-up with no issues. Now, this whole time that I was waiting for the boys I was trying to read and putz in the car but I had a bit of a headache. I took down my hair thinking it was a ponytail headache, hairhurt you know?, and tried a little personal neck and head massage. It helped but not enough. In a matter of an hour after returning home I was on the couch in terrible pain. I struggled through homework and scrapped together something for dinner and then put on my PJ's and headed to my room. Thank God that my kids are old enough to manage themselves in a situation like this. As I rested I seriously considered who could take me to the hospital and who could watch my kids. It was BAD! It was a different kind of Migraine than I am used to. Usually I am not really light sensitive and this time my tolerance for light was really low. I also had this strange sensation of fatigued arms that I felt like I had just finished a major upper body workout and that I could not lift my arms. It was strange and honestly, a little scary. I had take 2 of my Imitrex then stumbled out to the living room to ask Nic to help me get two more. 6 pills later I was ready to call a friend for back-up. The boys more or less put themselves to bed and Nic even played tooth fairy to himself. How sad is that? It took another hour but finally the haze cleared and I could function again.
As quickly as it had come on it went away. I had a ton of energy and went to bed after 11 a little wired. Before I went to bed I did a little surfing about migraine triggers. I know what I thought were mine, over-processed lunch meat, weather and stress seem to be my big ones. Now as I mentioned before I don't usually "do" diet. Well, it seems that sugar substitutes can be a migraine trigger. Who knew? I don't dare go to Chick-Fil-A tomorrow to test the possibility, if it is a trigger for me I'd be in for an evening of pain. Strange though that it was so fast and so different from my "usual" migraine. Makes me wonder...
I woke slowly this morning and had slept like crud. I took it very slow this morning and didn't find my stride until after noon. Thankfully I had no errands to run or REALLY important tasks to complete. I did manage to start laundry and make a plan for dinner. I even cleaned a couple of toilets and made my kids' bed. Then the sky opened again and I was right in the middle of filing so I couldn't get out in time to be at the head of the pick-up line. The rain was coming down pretty hard by the time I got two boys in the car. We floated home and had a productive afternoon. I baked cookies while they worked away on their homework. It is getting more time consuming but they are both handling it well. Let's hope in continues.
Everyone enjoyed the gourmet meal of HH Lasagna for dinner and delicious cookies for dessert. The boys are showered and playing a bit of PS2. I know we usually do not game on school days but with a later bed-time and positive attitudes about homework they have earned an hour or so. It's all good. I got to pay bills and balance our money software so we all had some good electronic fun for the night. (Do you get the sarcasm there? Just checkin!)
Tomorrow is the beginning of a new adventure for me. I have joined the MOMS group at my church and our first meeting is tomorrow morning. It is a directed spiritual/bible study from what I can tell. It is 10 weeks and there is a text that we will receive tomorrow. There is a small social component as well. I am anxious about this new model and of course meeting new people. I am feeling like not such a great Catholic lately so I am hoping this will offer me a boost and a bit of inspiration. The boys start religious ed. next week so we should all be feeling a bit more involved in no time.
Well, I need to go devote a few minutes to kitchen put-away and maybe let a boy or two read to me. Nic read WAY too fast for my slow ears. Will doesn't like to read out loud, I think he prefers to skim on his own. We need to work on that. Until tomorrow or maybe Friday... See ya!
1 comment:
Susan,
I hope you like your MOMS group, if this is the same group that Jennifer and I have been involved in I'm sure you will. I know I did. I'm thinking very hard about approaching St. Chris into starting a group. It is a great way to connect to other mothers regardless of age or where these other mothers are in their lives....they are moms and that is a special bond that you will all have. Enjoy!
Your cousin,
Melissa
Post a Comment