Yesterday was a bit of a blur. Nic had a friend over after school and Will went to a friend's house. I went to get the dog cleaned up for a VERY reasonable price at PetsMart and then went to a fun Pampered Chef party smack in the middle of the day. After the party I went to look at some of our repaired furniture then ran to get the dog and get the boys. I made it with time to spare, even it was only 5 minutes.
The good news for Friday was the Nic got accepted into the Quest program at school. This is the Frisco gifted and talented program. He was pretty excited. Will has opted to not pursue the program this year, just too much pressure for now, and may reconsider in the spring. Fine by me, he'll do it if and when he is ready. He is not the most confident student and may just need some encouragement to show off those brainiac genes! We'll get there, or not.
Today we got kicked out for a showing of the house right in the middle of the day. What a pain! Fred was going to mow but we had to leave so now I will probably have to mow tomorrow. UGH! Nic is at a friend's spending the night tonight. He had a tough evening, got injured and homesick in one fail swoop. I ran up to see him, give him some encouragement then left him to the party. He and his buddy will have a blast, they'll probably be hard to wake up in the morning for church but that's all part of the fun right! Will is reasonably bummed that he is stuck here at home with us but I did make his favorite dinner of walking tacos so that hopefully helped a bit.
Not really anything else too cool going on. Fred got home before bedtime last night and leaves again tomorrow in the evening. We have a mellow week ahead I think. I start my MOMS group at church on Thursday morning so I am looking forward to that. I need to go to the restoration place to check on some furniture and that is a 2 hour round trip. I should see if there are any scrapbooks stores over there in Arlington. Make good use of my time you know. I need to spend some time on the blue van this week getting it cleaned up. That may be a whole day? Won't really know till I start digging in. I need to vacuum first and see what is revealed once I get all the crumbs up. Aren't you jealous? Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment