Thursday, September 4, 2008

Winner winner chicken dinner

Yes, I know I stole that line but it is a good one. I'm just borrowing it.


Despite my misfortune this past summer I have also been a BIG Winner this summer. I was the recipient of a HUGE box of Artsy.licious goodies from Melody Ross. Shortly after that goodness arrived I also won a totally cute mini-album from Teresa Collins and a fun Mini-Album magazine from Aby Garvey. Last week I won again on Teresa's blog and today I hit the JACKPOT!



I am going to be hosting a House Party. This is an event sponsored by House Party, and ultimately Cartoon Network, as they debut their new cartoon, are you ready for this?, Star Wars the Clone Wars! My kids have not a clue that I even registered for this gig and will be stoked when I tell them the news. Basically we get to invite as many friends as we want to preview the new cartoon a full week before you can see it on TV. I get a goodie box with favors and such and the reputation of being the coolest mom on the block! Good times, good times.

I think maybe I should start playing the lottery. Well, nah, I have nothing invested in these past wins, just a comment or two on a blog and such. The lottery requires cash so I guess I'll pass on that and keep surfin!

Maybe Will's reaction will be something like this. That kid is crazy when he gets his hands on my camera! Hope you are enjoying your day! I actually slept with a window open last night and have had a window open most of the day today. It is a beautiful day in Texas!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

What a win. You deserve some happiness after what you have been dealing with. Have a great time with your Star Wars party.

Betsy said...

THIS IS GONNA BE FUN!!!! What a great surprise. I'll bet you have trouble figuring out who NOT to invite!
Mom

Anonymous said...

hi i hope that r having fun in texas. miss u bunches. i hope that u come to visit us sometime. we adopteed brandyn and briana this summer

love ya,
burgandie

Anonymous said...

You are the coolest mom. You should win an award for that. I agree with Colleen: you deserve to win after all that you have been through.

West Marshall said...

I was signed in as Burg when I left you my comment. Duh! I am still learning.

West Marshall said...

Duh, again! Andrea is now West Marshall so that all of my students are under my blog since they are all using my email.
--Andrea