Today is the BIG day! DI Day! We had our final rehearsal yesterday and I don't think we are going to win but I don't think we will embarrass ourselves either. The kids are excited and I am nervous. We found out yesterday that the principal is coming so that adds come pressure. I am hopeful that the kids will rise to the occasion and knock it out of the park. I should be home by 2:00 with some feedback of how we did. They won't announce the winners until tonight but like I said above, no need to hold your breath on that one.
Will is still sick. He fell asleep by 8:00 last night. He continues to have a slight fever and complained of throat pain yesterday. The kid is going to forget what the outside world looks like. The furthest he has gone this week is to Sonic.
Speaking of the outside world... I didn't get to see much of it this week either. My week was pretty quiet and low key until last night. I was on my way to Game Stop with Nic to return some used games that the boys decided they didn't like or in one case, didn't work. My plan was to stop at Little Caesar's after the stop at Game Stop and pick up a cheese pizza and Crazy Bread for dinner. Well, my phone rang before I had made any of these stops, and it was my friend Sabrina. Last night was her daughter's birthday party and she was taking them to see the Jonas Brothers 3D Concert Movie. Well, she ended up with an extra ticket at the last minute and since she knows what a Jo Bro fan I am she called to see if I wanted to join her. No pause there, YES YES YES!

In reality I am not a HUGE Jo Bro fan but I thought the movie sounded fun and when Sabrina and I are together we laugh so much so I figured why not. Well, that caused a fast forward on the errand running and I still made it to the theater to watch ever single preview. And there were previews for every 3D movie coming out in the next year. By the way there are like 5. The biggest suspense of the night was when the Cinemark manager welcomed us to the show, that doesn't happen at regular movies. Sabrina told me that the Jonas Brothers were going to me showing up at random theaters to surprise some fans. They did not come to ours. The show was far from a sell-out and I absolutely should have brought ear plugs. The girls where screaming in pitches I don't think my ears have EVER been exposed to. It was loud but fun. The girls I went with didn't start dancing at their seats, they were only in 2nd grade, until near the end so I got to sit through it too.
A shout out to Sabrina for thinking of me. I did enjoy the movie and just giggling over the silliness of it. I felt like a real fuddy duddy when I saw some girls dancing in the space between the upper and lower theater seats and my first thought was... That is a fire hazard. Not that I called the Fire Marshall or anything, the thought just crossed my mind, as I looked for alternative exits in the event of something, anything, going wrong. By the way Sabrina I think out next adventure should be to find this house. It is the Jonas Brother's house somewhere near Dallas. I was hoping that if I drove you could bake something that might get us in the door. We can bring the birthday girl... or not.

Well, I should probably get cleaned up to start my day. It's gonna be on the stressful side until after lunch and then I can relax.
1 comment:
saw the jonas brother's movie too. It was sweet! Just kidding...don't even know who they are other than brothers with the name Jonas. Hey, just wanted to say hello. Love you like a sister...what's DI? Your reference it like 20 times in your blog and I have no idea what it is. In my world it's disability insurance. Minivan's running like a dream. Might need a few repairs but for $2800 it was a freakin' steal. Love me some Honda (even 1997 Honda) Doesn't feel like a minivan b/c it has non-sliding doors on the sides. Pretty basic but basic works for less than 3 grand. Got every single page of the service records from the entire history of the car from Honda dealer. Pretty pumped. Now we gotta sell our junker. Shouldn't be a problem. Love you - Traubs in Dakota
Post a Comment