
I thought my day was going to be filled with cleaning. That was what was on my list that I made out last night. Guess what, nothing got cleaned. I got a call just after the boys left for school to Sub for a teacher who had decided at the last minute that she was not going to get through her day. I jumped in and took the quickest shower I have taken in YEARS and got to school in about 20 minutes. She gave me the quick and dirty and ran out the door. So I faced 18 2nd graders.... and smiled.
The kids were really good. They made me laugh and I made them smile as well as cringe. All's fair in second grade. We played Simon Says to break up the monotony and I got to be Simon both times. Lucky me!
I had lunch duty so I can now say that I have seen Tony's Stuffed Sticks and have no desire to eat them for lunch. I also got to teach a little of this and a little of that and even got to color. All good.
So, my list is still here staring at me and the only thing I want to do is order pizza and veg. I shall overcome some of that urge. Pizza sounds good and quick but I will make my own. I will try to get 4 things done on my list and be satisfied with that for now. Thankfully there is always tomorrow... unless someone else needs a sub.
4 comments:
Congrats on surviving your first day. Yep, I know that all too tired feeling. From experience a good sub is hard to find, so I am sure that you will quickly move to the top of the sub list.
Way to go teach!
mom
Try facing 7 babies a day... lol
Ok so a sub in spencer grabbed a second grader by the neck and slamed him to the groud. All for taddle taleing on a friend.... Im soooo happy your day went much better then that!
Post a Comment