
This morning my pal Sabrina and I hosted a Ziploc House Party. We had each won the party from House Party and decided to share the wealth and the work and combine our parties.
Ziploc had sent us each a ton of product to share with our guests. We made goody bags and no one left empty handed. During the party we played the "Mystery Powder Game". Guest had to guess what mysterious white powders were in labeled Ziploc Snack Bags. There were lots of great guesses but many couldn't tell the difference between Baking Powder and Baking Soda (me included).
We also played a guessing game and guests were able to win the container of goodies that they were guessing a quantity for. Who wouldn't love to win a container full of 68 Hershey Kisses or 256 M&M's? Too bad I wasn't eligible!

After we played some games we got our guests involved and invited them to make their own personal omelets in Ziploc Bags. For this recipe we used Quart sizes Ziploc Freezer Bags. Guest put two eggs in their baggie and added whatever omelet fixins they wanted. We had mushrooms, onion, ham, sausage, salsa and cheese. Once all of the mix ins were added the guests kneaded the bag just a bit to mix it all up. The next step was patience as the baggies were placed in a boiling pot of water for about 15 minutes. It was fun that everyone got exactly what they wanted in their omelets and there was no egg covered pan for me to wash up. All good.
Another game that we played was asking everyone to share as many ideas for using Ziploc products as they could. We had some VERY long lists full of good ideas and useful hints. I am the luckiest because I get to look through all of the lists and borrow these great ideas from my new friends and neighbors. Here are a few of the ideas...
1. Popcorn to sneak into the movies.
2. Gifting food, no worries if this container comes home.
3. Returning clothes or borrow items to a friend when you are just leaving them on the porch.
4. Camping food and equipment.
5. Place accessories in a bag then put the bag over a hanger to have a complete outfit or to keep dance recital stuff together.
6. Traveling with TSA rules of course.
7. Keeping tiny board game pieces together.
8. Store playing cards in the car or diaper bag.
9. Keeping a washrag moist to use to clean up the kids after a trip to the park.
10. Sandwiches, what else?
Sabrina and I had lots of fun hosting the party and sharing in the goodies too. It was a good time had by all. The other BIG hit of the party were the famous Iowa Pumpkin Muffins. I had made a dozen for the party and asked Sabrina if she thought I should make more. She said nah, we'd be fine. Well about 45 minutes into the party everyone was raving on the muffins so I made a second batch. They disappeared quickly. I think we may see these muffins around the hood for a bit.
Thanks to all my friends who made it to the party. It was mellow fun, even the kids had a great time running wild through the house while the moms visted. Now, off to put the extras away and enjoy my Ziploc success.
2 comments:
I love the white substance game, I won that at Michelle's shower. I think I had an advatage because I have just gone threw home ec.
Fun idea! Glad your first big party in the crispy house was a hit :)
Post a Comment