Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Wordless Wednesday... not here.

A common occurrence on many blogs is a wordless Wednesday when a photo is all that is shared. Well, I just can be wordless. It's not in me, ya know?

I am thrilled to hear from a dear friend in MI, whose daughter had a major operation today, that her daughter's surgery was successful and her daughter is now on her road to recovery with a small detour to ICU but hopefully just for the night. I was sweeping today and saying Hail Marys all the way through the house. I am so thankful for her Caringbridge site that allowed me to get some updates without nagging her to call little ol me. She obviously had much bigger things on her mind and rightly so.

So my plan today was adjusted, just like yesterday, when Will woke up feeling yucky. A little like throwing up, a lot tired and apparently the nurse at school had told him that he was fighting off a virus and he felt that he had succumbed. I weighed the evidence, knowing that plenty of yucky stuff is going around school, and opted to keep him home. He fell back asleep once his brother left and started his day again closer to 9:30. He watched TV, read and even worked on homework today. He did NOT throw up or have any other "issues" beyond a slight temp around noon. I am hopeful that he will be good to go tomorrow because after school time is just ruined when you stay home from school sick. Will learned that the hard way. Tomorrow is bingo night at school so I have a sneaking suspicion that he'll be on his way in the AM in a timely fashion. My kids LOVE BINGO! Wonder where they got that?!?!? (me!)

So we worked on an Arctic Fox Habitat diorama this afternoon and ate a suitable dinner.

We had DI practice tonight and the kids are slowly pulling their stuff together. We have just 10 days. It's crunch time. We will rehearse again on Friday, Saturday and hopefully EVERY day next week. Not sure if I really mean hopefully. I think I should mean that, for the kids' sake.

OK, off to kiss and tuck my rugrats. Will has a little fever again. 101.5. Guess that means that we "should" be home tomorrow.

Darn! No BINGO!

No comments: