Sunday, February 1, 2009

So...

I ended the week a little overwhelmed. The house looked like it had been hit by a hurricane and now it looks like it was hit by a tropical storm. Everyone has clean clothes to start out their week so that is progress. The weather was gorgeous this weekend and both boys spent lots of time on their bikes and with their pals. The bad news about this is that it requires that these pre-teen figures need daily showers to not cause me to faint when they walk in the room. They are not keen on the daily shower thing so that was a topic of controversy that kinda caused our Sunday plans to be adjusted.


We had planned to go to church then over to a neighbor's for a Super Bowl Party. Linda and Patrick are so gracious and the boys were excited to just be invited. The grief they gave us over getting clean though pretty much forced us to cancel the party plans and ultimately kept us home from church. Instead we regrouped. Will and I snuggled and talked it through. He then helped me make dinner and we spent some time watching King Fu Panda just the two of us. Nic processed the adjustments while building with Legos and came to the dinner table are more gracious child. He and Fred went for an action flick and watched Iron Man together. All good really.
Tomorrow we start a new week, new month at school and the countdown to the Destination Imagination Competition in just 26 days. YIKES! February will be a full month with a visitor from Indy, DI, Scrap Weekend for me, DI Appraiser training for Fred, a Ziploc House Party and a few other exciting things interspersed. I guess I'll just say, stay tuned.

2 comments:

West Marshall said...

You probably have some previous experience discussing the topic of body cleansliness from your work with a young lady at WMHS (smile). Kung Fu Panda rocks, I mean kicks! Alex and I watched it at the theater in Ames, IA, then bought the book at Borders in Ames. We bought the movie when it was released this winter. Say hi to Nick and Will from Alex and me. Pokemon started for the new year last week with only Alex, Megan, and Vicki. I'm sure there will be many more at the next meeting. We are now missing the Langstons too.

West Marshall said...

I've never been to a Ziploc party. Sounds fun. Tell us how it goes.
--Andrea