Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I DID today!


The boys got out the door in a timely manner today and I let my momentum take me once I got all three of them on their way.


The dishwasher needed to get broken in, there was laundry to be done and I was expecting a guy to come by about some carpet issues around 11. Well, three loads of laundry later, I had emptied a lone box in the kitchen, hung some things on the walls upstairs and down, washed the boys sheets, watched Desperate Housewives from Sunday and an episode of Ellen. I ate lunch, met with two carpet guys, ran to school to take something to Nic, got worried when my kids came home later than expected, chatted with BFF Denise while she was so close, at the DFW airport, yet so far away, behind security lines. I vacuumed, talked to my dad, changed the vacuum bag, defrosted chicken for dinner, and Will helped me cook. We had 4 neighbor boys over to play simultaneously, and Nic ran to school to practice locking up his scooter. I made arrangements for the kids' furniture delivery to be made on Friday and I up-dated my contact info for MOMS group at our church. In addition we each put 5 ideas for family fun night in a jar. We had a tough time agreeing this past weekend so I came up with the idea that we throw our best ideas in a jar and whatever gets picked is what we do. No arguing, negotiating or whining. There are a couple of things that are weather permitting and some things that I am not real keen on, Laser Tag anyone? But we'll deal and I can always take a book, but that kinda defeats the family fun part huh? Maybe I'll be good at Laser Tag? Maybe not.


OK, I just decided that I was worn out from my day. I am going to go put a few more things away in my office, it is still rather ignored, and help the boys clean up a bit before it is time to read, kiss and tuck. No school on Friday here so spelling tests are tomorrow. Gotta run through those words just one more time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on! You would be EXCELLENT at laser tag. A dimly lit smoky room with all sorts of corners where people jump out at you and shoot a gun making your cool backback vibrate? What's not to love about that?

Anonymous said...

Yeah..take your speak and spell along and play your own game!