I am ready to move beyond Monday. The good news... I got my microwave and dishwasher today. The bad news, I also have ANTS! Yuk! I suppose it is like ants in IN in the summer but since it never gets REALLY cold here they have ants all year round. I dislike ants almost as much as I dislike the hot. Maybe TX isn't really the place for me?!
After the appliance guys, the reconstruction guy and the insurance adjuster left today I ran out the door and did my running for the day. First stop was at the vacation home to take pics before I turned in the keys. After the photos I ran to city hall where I paid bills, arrange shut off the H2O at the vacation home, returned books to the library and hit the planning and zoning office looking for building codes to support the upgrades that the city of Frisco required before we could get a certificate of occupancy. I hope to have the documents in my hand tomorrow to support all of that stuff.
After city hall I ran to Old navy to try to find some cool clothes for my kids on the cheap. Mission accomplished. Then I went to Best Buy to make a return then to the bank and Kroger. I had 3 things on my Kroger list but somehow walked out with $89 worth of groceries! How does that happen? Since I bough ice cream sandwiches at Kroger I headed straight home and nuked myself a YUMSY panini and zipped through Brothers and Sisters. I should have been cleaning up my house but I opted to sit on my butt instead.
Finally I could not put it off any longer, I had to get to school to pick-up the DI team for a meeting after school. The kids are so wired and they made NO progress today. I wish I could quit for them but instead I must be strong, try to get them on a course and encourage encourage encourage. When the team left I had to rush the boys through homework, some free time, a lousy dinner then off to Faith Formation. But right around the lousy dinner part I found ants all over my kitchen counter. Ok, not really all over but YUK! I called Fred then my neighbor to get the number for her exterminator. He is coming tomorrow and Fred bought ant traps and this goo in a syringe that should get us through the night.
Well, it was my night to drive so I got the kids together and zipped to church. Dropped them at their respective classes and headed to Target with a shopping list of 2 items. $39 later and about 20 items I got out of there and went to read while I waited for the boys and the neighbor kid. We got home pretty quickly and found Fred working on the ant mess. Will had homework yet to do and they all wanted ice cream. It was a hectic night that then got worse when I went upstairs to kiss and tuck to find my boys, who by the way know how to read a clock, playing PS2 in the game room instead of brushing their teeth and reading. I went OFF on them and feel only a little sad. They are both really taking advantage of me and this house and I am so tired of it. I must apologize to my mother right now. I know that in my life I have been this way. I am sorry. Paybacks suck! Guess it's my burden.
Well, tomorrow is a new day with the same expectations as always let's see if we can make it all happen. There are plenty of piles and tasks around here to keep me busy. I have errands to run but I think I'll stay home and keep it cheap tomorrow. I have plenty to choose from for lunch;) I told the boys that when they got home there would be many things to keep them busy and away from all electronic stuff. There have got to be consequences right? It was so much easier when they were cute and 2 or 3 or 4. This pre-teen stuff is tough. I suppose it isn't going to get any easier right? Say a prayer please, for me and them. We could all use a little divine intervention about now.
2 comments:
I will gladly go back to pre-teen. We are firmly settled into the teen years. Driving is just months away and the attitude what can I say about it.
I have a four year old I would trade for a week or two... and I'll throw in ONE FREE TWO YEAR OLD BROTHER!!!! They're so much happier when they can fight and whine and cause trouble TOGETHER! Best wishes for a stress-free, quiet, relaxing (getting stuff done can be relaxing) day.
TAKE CARE! PS-send me some ideas for those boys, too.
Post a Comment