Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday Stuff

Yesterday was a bit of a blur. School, then waiting for the floor, blind and appliance people to take over the house around 9:00. Well the floor guys showed up at 8:15, before I was truly presentable, the reconstruction guy made his office on my porch around 8:45 and the appliance guy called the reconstruction guy at 9:15 to tell him they weren't coming. They found that the dishwasher that they had ordered had a dent in it and they needed to drive to KY and get another one. I was less than pleased, said good-bye to Joe and waited for the blind guy to show up. He got here a little before 10 and left a little after 12. So the appliance people are coming on Monday at 9:00 and the floor guy had to come back this AM to get some spots that they didn't get yesterday that I didn't know they were supposed to take care of. That is why Joe was supposed to be here when they were. That and the fact that he speaks a little Spanish.

Once I get all of the visitors taken care of I quickly baked some cookies and showered in time to get to Friday Live at school. I like to go just to go but especially when the boys are getting an award or when their class is doing a skit. I thought I was just going to go but Will actually won an award so that was cool. Except the part that I didn't bring my camera. Oh well, next time his class is doing the skit so I'll go prepared.

After school the DI kids walked home with us and we met until 5:00. The meeting was quite chaotic and less productive than Monday's meeting but thems the breaks. The boys and girls have homework to tend to before we meet again on Monday. Let's hope they make progress, lots of progress.

Nic had a friend spend the night last night and we were all up and moving pretty early considering how late we all stayed up. We took A home around 11:30 and take advantage of his mom having a carpet shampooer and borrowed hers instead of renting a rug doctor. Fred had fun working with the cleaning equivalent of a power tool and took care of the two areas that needed cleaned. We turn in keys on Monday so let's hope we did enough.

After we cleaned for a few hours I came home and crashed. I got up and made frozen pizza for dinner. I am still on strike from making too much REAL food until I get my microwave. I paid bills, not fun, and have been trying to reduce some paper piles around the house. It all takes time. Tomorrow is pretty open for all of us. Nic has his DI meeting from 1-3 but other than that we can take some time hanging pictures around the house and getting the pile out of the living room. It looks like an art gallery storage room. Well, probably not really, we don't have that much "art."

OK, off to veg in front of the TV for a bit. Boys are upstairs so I can control the remote!!! YEAH!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Um, what are you going to do when all of this is done? You need to pace yourself, woman!!! Have a relaxing week.... if you can!