I like to learn new stuff. I have talked forever about taking an actual class in __
_(insert something creative here)_____ ,in order to learn something new. Alas, have not done anything of the kind. Well, even without the "formal" educational process I have learned more than I ever needed to know about a few topics. Then I turn a page or have a conversation and learn another tidbit.
 |
| Photo by Zeetz Jones on Flickr |
I do love the idea that I am going to sleep a little more informed tonight but I still have so many questions. Questions that Siri might be able to answer. That is kind of a funny thought. Siri has been a part of our lives ever since Nic upgraded his phone in November. She isn't really that smart but we have utilized her ability once or twice with success. A couple of weeks ago we asked her who invented the drinking straw. Will had asked me the question when we were riding in the car after a trip through McDonald's to get drinks. Siri completed a web search and shared an answer. Of course I can not remember who it was. No Jeopardy win for me. But it felt smart at the time to ask a question and even with the help of artificial intelligence, get an answer.
I feel like the blog is going to force me to learn a few things this year. If I keep up this pace I'll need to do some research and become more informed in my writing. That could be a really good and fun thing. At least in the end I won't be graded nor will I need to defend a dissertation.
No comments:
Post a Comment