Saturday, January 7, 2012

Do Something Saturday!

Saturdays can go down in history as awesome or lame. I remember before kids when Fred and I used to stay in bed till noon, watch Saturday movies till 4 then shower and head out to dinner. That scenario hasn't played out in about 13 + years. More recently I tend to use Saturdays to play catch up on laundry, changing sheets, grocery shopping, PTA work and keeping boys on track with doing something productive.

Sometimes we all head to a movie or someone has practice of some type or another. Sometimes we all stay in our pj's and just order pizza for dinner. I would rather put my head to my pillow at the end of the day feeling like I have accomplished something. Now and again that happens.  Today was one of those days.

Fred and I both crashed before 10 PM last night. I slept REALLY well until 8:30. It felt great! I had made plans with my neighbor to walk for about 45 mins this morning starting at 10. We have been trying to motivate each other. It goes better and actually happens when we have someone counting on us. Well, Susan texted me at 9 saying our 10 o'clock date was a no go. I wasn't too sad as I lay in bed reading the news on my phone. I replied a note of disappointment and settled in. 20 mins later she texts again and tells me she is back in. Darn. No excuses, it was time to get up.

Susan and I had a great walk that ended with warm drinks at Starbucks. Upon my return, Fred and I loaded up his truck with some materials to go to the recycle center. We got rid of our plastic bags, cardboard and CFL and florescent light bulbs. However, in the process of saving the planet I bit the dust as I tripped over a rock. I am such a klutz! We returned home where I attempted to sooth my aches with a HOT shower. After a little sit down I ran to the grocery for a few necessities. I was going to beg for a kitchen pass but ended up figuring out that I had all the makings for lasagna. Everyone ate well.

I was on a bit of a roll so I harnessed a bit more energy and tackled a pantry clean-out that had been on my to do list all week. The recycle bin was full, the trash was full and the shelves are in order. For tonight at least. I DID SOME THINGS today! I'm gonna sleep well.

No comments: