So in my attempt to live with INTENTION I am trying to diversify my volunteering. Instead of limiting myself to just school and PTA activities I have stepped up and lent my hand to the City of Frisco as a community volunteer. Last fall I helped out at the annual Storytelling Festival. Today I acted as a hostess at a local hotel for fans coming in for the NCAA Division 1 Championship game being played locally in Frisco. The hostess gig was pretty slow. I greeted less than 5 fans. It will be a much bigger deal to have hosts there tomorrow. Unfortunately I only signed on for today.
I'm not sure how much volunteering I will do with the City but it is a fun diversion from PTA politics and the occasional bit of drama. It would have been more fun to do it with friends, like the wonderful ones I have in PTA, but maybe I'll take a few of them with me into the city volunteer opportunities.
Tomorrow I will work on my INTENTION of contributing to my family by working and earning REAL MONEY! I am subbing in 4th grade and can't wait. It's Friday so I get to wear jeans. I'm subbing at Ashley so I can even run home for lunch. I get to see some of my favorite kiddos, who don't belong to me, throughout the day. Subbing is such a wonderful opportunity for me. I have said for years that I wanted to be a school secretary but since that job is currently full subbing will have to do. I like to believe that I am a good sub and I sincerely try to attempt the teacher's lesson plans. Some days though I feel certain that they could not even get through their plan. No way I could either. This took some time to learn but I have.
Two more things to say then I'm off to the going to bed routine, you know the fifteen things you need to wrap up before you actually get into bed. One random and one sappy.
First, I swallowed a Jolly Rancher nearly whole tonight and now have a tummy ache. Ugh. Nic was ready to offer me the Heimlich but I was not in danger. I was just bummed that I didn't get to enjoy the candy longer.
Second, I love my husband with my whole heart. He is such a hardworking and supportive man. He knew when he met me that I was a crazy person who volunteers and offers to help at every turn. He supports me in my crazy and works really hard for our family so that I can continue being this way. I just want it known that I recognize this and am grateful beyond words and measure. I was talking to a friend this week about "replacing" a husband if he dies to soon. My friend and I agreed that no one could replace our guy. He is one of a kind.

No comments:
Post a Comment