Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wiped out on a Wednesday. (Warning, it's wordy!)

What a week and we are only 1/2 way through. Sunday  morning I got a call to sub 1/2 on Monday afternoon and accepted. I love 1/2 day sub jobs and I love advanced notice. Well. Monday afternoon turned into Tuesday afternoon and also Wednesday afternoon. I had a great three days with my first grade friends. I am helping host some popcorn parties for classrooms that won our Box Top and Labels for Education campaigns for collecting the most. After the popcorn gets bagged I'm thrilled to have lunch with some girl friends then home to clean off the dining room table AGAIN. Friday I am subbing at a different school all day. It's a g$$d week for working!

Fred has been working long hours and weekends for a bit taking care of a BIG presentation at work. Today was D-day and he reports that it went well. Since he was up making improvements till 1AM this morning I would expect nothing less than greatness! This is Fred we are talking about.

Over the weekend I spent a little extra time with William. I dragged him away from the Xbox to join me at Sam's Club on Saturday then he and I went to see War Horse on Sunday. Nic was meeting some friends to see Hugo and rather than drop him off and leave him completely unattended at the mall, Will and I stuck around, grabbed him some baseball gear then caught the movie.

Funny story about War Horse. Will had mentioned at some point that he had read the book. He told me this last year. Before its release I planned on seeing the movie with him. Thinking that he would enjoy seeing the book adapted to the big screen.  So on the way out of the show he fessed up. Nic was talking about having read the book and Will copped to the reality that he had only read two pages. I was duped! He liked the movie very much but so much for the adaptation lesson.

Will did recently read The Hunger Games. Nic and I read the series a year or two ago and have been planning to see the first movie at whatever midnight premier we can get tickets to. I told Will that he couldn't join us unless he had read the book. The good news is that he liked the book and devoured the second in the series and started the third without delay. I always hoped that Will would love reading as much as Nic and I but we just hadn't seen that spark yet. Maybe, with the right subject matter he can become engaged. Finger crossed! So now we are all going to the premier on a school night and they think that is PRETTY DARN COOL!

Getting late. Time to sleep. I'll be back tomorrow!

No comments: