A random conversation with my husband today leaves me wondering. I will probably never have an answer to my pondering or perhaps I will. That may not be a good thing. Read on...
Fred jumped in to help me fold some laundry today. Jokingly he mention that thong underwear would be so much better then briefs because there would be less material. His argument is totally CRAZY but my response was my standard. I do not want to walk around with the feeling of something up my butt all day. Standard, canned, 10+ year old answer. His response to that is what has me wondering. He said, and I'm paraphrasing, "well people probably think you do anyway." He was not saying that people think I wear thong underwear. He was saying that people think I have a stick up my butt!
Is that true?
He went on to say that some of the ladies that I work with, certainly referring to my PTA cohorts, might think that I am a biatch with a stick up my a**. I had never considered it. I had never thought of it. I was mortified. What if it is true? If my husband thinks that and actually said it then maybe it is. He is safe. He can say things like that with a free pass. Not a totally free pass but you know, spousal leniency. We have the right to share those things with each other after being together for 20 years. Like I can tell him if his breath stinks or that I think he needs to stand up straighter or be nicer to our kids. He can tell me if I am being a biatch. So is that what he just said? Do people really think that?
I'm going to be checking over my shoulder for a few weeks wondering. Am I being stuck up? Am I being sincere? Am I sending off the vibe of a goody two shoes? Am I acting as a servant leader or a dictatorial snob? Certainly there should not be bitchiness in my life of INTENTION.

No comments:
Post a Comment