Friday, August 10, 2007

And the party continues...




After the fun shopping and tasty dinner Will celebrated with a cookie cake with the family. Today I woke early to make a "real" cake for the PARTY! We gathered three of Will's buds from school last year and went to M-town to see Underdog. Thankfully, it was better than I expected and the boys all seemed to enjoy it. There was a lot of fart and underwear talk in the van as we headed home after the movie. We VERY quickly made homemade pizza, sang, whacked the basketball pinata and one kid actually wanted to eat cake. It was very hurried but really that was OK with me. Fred called just as I was getting ready to drive the last kid home. What timing he has!
The celebration is over. Time to switch gears to getting ready for school. Just 9 days left of summer for the boys. I only have until Wednesday when I head back to work.
We got a call today from Jim and Marilyn who are driving across country. They are going to stop over tomorrow night! I am so psyched to have company two weekends in a row! It is a good warm up for my dad's and maybe mom's visit over Labor day. I also chatted with Aunt Joan and Uncle Alan today. It was all good! I am exhausted right now so I am going to put the boys to bed and crash. It is gonna be HOT tomorrow and I have laundry to do so I will spend most of my day in the basement where it is cool. Maybe I'll get pictures of me being domestic tomorrow. Nic proved himself a good photog apprentice today at the party. He even figured out how to take video. I have had that digital a year and just haven't figure that out. Leave it to my techie kid to get it done!

No comments: