Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I passed!


I took my driving test today, no written test required, and a regular visual exam thing. I passed the test, only lost 12 points for stopping past the actual stop sign. I think it was the sign placement's fault, not me! So I took a new pic, which is really too bad because I liked my old one, and headed back to school. I turned in my receipt to get reimbursed and went back to work with my special kids. It was a long day! There was bit of relief from the heat but the kids were snarky. That might be an Iowa word, I had never heard it before I got here. You can infer the meaning.


The boys are doing REALLY well at school. Will received two blue ribbons for scoring the highest on addition and subtraction facts this month. We have had some red, yellow and even white ribbons before from both boys, but never blue. And he got two! Yeah Will! Nic has to get 100 problems done in 5 mins, completely accurately. He passed addition and subtraction pretty easily last week and knocked out multiplication yesterday. He was the second in his class to get to this point. Pretty cool if you ask me. He had to take the division test for the first time today. He got 34/100 correct which I thought was not too shabby. I think he can get through the division in 10 days/attempts. I may challenge him to that and see what we get. We have some flashcards at home to practice.


Well with all the great things happening around here I think we should have Bailey's for dinner. Like anyone is going to fight me on this idea... I'll go do some laundry and call Fred closer to five to see if he has any special requests. Ta ta:}

No comments: