Monday, August 27, 2007



Can I offer you a ride? Well, soon enough maybe! I am going to have to get my class D Chauffeur's license before next Tuesday. I don't think I'll be legal to drive this baby here but a school van on a designated route, YES! S got a job at the sheltered workshop and will start next week. It is M-F and I will use a school van to transport him. This requires some sort of endorsement that I currently do not have. I will head to the DMV tomorrow to find out the particulars. My biggest fear is having to take an actual drivers test. I never had to do that and have been driving for 20 years. Let's not start now! The written test will be stressful enough. Will told me to think of something girly like pretty ponies, or suggested that I relieve the stress by scrapbooking. Isn't he the sweetest?

I did get to go into work at 9:00 today which was a special treat that will hopefully become the norm. I still ran the boys in to school but had 45 mins. or so at home before I had to head in. I was able to clean out the pantry without nosey kids under foot and managed to remember everything for the b-day celebration at work. BIG oops was the heavy cake falling straight out of the Tupperware cake carrier as I walked down the hall at school. The key word in that last sentence was the fact that it did fall "straight" down so it was amazing OK. My Pyrex pan even survived the fall intact. I nearly curse very loudly at school but thankfully restrained myself once I saw that it was all OK.

The day was HOT but we all survived. Tomorrow will be not better I am sure.

My blood was boiling after school though. Nic arrived announcing that he had forgotten his assignment book. We ran by the Elem. school and then to the bus barn before heading home. I needed to find out about the license thing. We got the assignment book, got the details that I need to go to the DMV for the REAL details and headed home. Upon arriving home Nic realized that he needed his math book to complete a late assignment. I let him think about his options for taking care of it and he came up with the two obvious ones, return to school NOW or go early in the AM. Well, there were 9 problems that required the book. That was way too many to put off until tomorrow. We piled back in the car and went back to town. Well, lucky Nic, the homework he had was actually to re-do a sheet that he had misplaced. Well, while level headed mom had him re-check his desk he was able to come up with the lost paper. This greatly reduced the homework required! He will still have a SRS (student responsibility sheet) on file but at least did not have to re-do 26 problems. THANKS MOM!

Well, I just ate poptarts for my dinner, I should probably make something a little better than that for the boys. Fred is out for work, lucky dog. Here's hoping that tomorrow goes better than today. I will start my day at the DMV so lots of prayers will be needed.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Think your school needs to check out some requirements for accessibility! http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/ada/adahom1.htm

Jen said...

DID YOU PASS YOUR TEST???? I can't wait to see you tooling down the road in a big yellow bus!!! (just kidding).
I had to go to the transportation barn last week to get training on the "mid bus" so I could drive the girls and our stuff to games. It's one HONKIN' big van, if you ask me. As long as I'm driving I'm OK. It's the parking and "un-parking" that I'm scared of!!!
Best of luck.

Anonymous said...

wow, Sherry just got handed the keys to the LNHS short bus when we went to games....